Watch Molly and Sonny Boy Vodcast Podcast

The Grocery Fool Rap, by Molly and Sonny Boy

Friday, June 08, 2007

Molly's new poem, "A Cat Will Find A Lap"


A cat will find a lap
A dog would love a pat
And you will always know where you can find me

If you just need a cuddle
It won't be any trouble
You're the one I want to hug both day and night

A cat will find the time
when you least expect it
to give you a chance to scratch it's chin
You'll hear a pleasant purring
No fussing and no stirring
As the cat sits so contented unafraid

A cat will find a lap
A dog would love a pat
And you will always know where you can find me

Cuz if you wanna dance
Or feel like some romance
I'll come running faster than a jiffy

If you need a stand-in or if you need a hand-out
I can be the one to fit the bill
If there is something I can do to make you happy
I will try my best to do my part

If fireworks and thunder are what the doctor ordered
I'll take the rumble and the roar of a jet plane
I'll fix you up a cocktail of dynamite rock and roll
My smoke signals will spell out “I love you”

I'm drawn to all your charms
I can't resist your arms
I want to hold you when I get the chance

Just like a cat will find a lap
A dog would love a pat
And you will always know I'm on your side

I am that silly cat who wants to jump into your lap
And just like Good old Yeller, I'll want you as my feller
To be your faithful pet forever more!

No comments:

Enjoy YouTubers and My Space performers Molly and Sonny Boy

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We have a podshow you can watch on line right here: Molly and Sonny Boy VodCast-PodCast Hurdy-Gurdy Girls: Episode 8